Attendance Policies & Procedures
. Any student who arrives to school after 7:45 is counted as late •
The school will contact the student’s parents and notify them that the student is late to school and ascerta •
. the reason
. Student will then be admitted to class but will be marked as late •
Students who are repeatedly late without excuse (more than five times) in the trimester will be referred to the •
A student who is late more than 5 times without an excuse will be counted as absent for one day in that •
. If a student needs to leave early, the parent should •
a. If the parent is sending someone to pick up the student,he/she should call the school and give the name
and ID number of the person who will be picking up the student. This person must complete an early
. pick-up form and sign that they have taken the student early
. The parent must also inform the school of the reason for the early pick-up •
If the parent comes to pick up their child early, he/she must submit their ID number and give the reason for •
picking their child up early. In addition, the parent must complete an early pick-up form and sign that they
. h ave taken the student early
1. Attendance will be taken daily at the end of the first period and recorded .
a. The parents or guardian of absent students will be contacted and must inform the school of the reason
for being absent (The parent must also submit in writing a letter to the principal or a medical report for
the principal for each absence within 72 hours of the absence.)
b. The principal will review the letter or medical report for students' absence and approve what is considered
an excused absence or unexcused absence .
2. Student who is repeatedly (more than five times) absent without an excuse in the trimester will be referred to
the principal for further action .
According to the Trimester Grading System, student attendance accounts for part of the internal marks. Therefore, parents must be aware of the following :
1. All absences, early departures and late arrivals are counted as unexcused until determination by the school principals .
2. Parents must submit a medical validation or written letter to the school principal .
3. In case of any missed classwork, quiz, test etc. parents are advised to submit the medical report and/or letter to the principals as soon as possible .
• Any medical report or letter will not be accepted after 72 hours .
• Do not submit the report or letter to the class teacher or Academic Director; only the school principal .
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.